Monday, October 20, 2008

11 days old! 10/20/08

The babies are doing great! This week they moved from Bay 2 to Bay 5 and in the NICU that is a big deal. The girls are now considered feeders and growers. So the major things they have left to do before we bring them home are learning to eat from a bottle and gaining some weight. Right now all the girls are back up to their birth weight. And the A's and B's are getting much better with the added help of a dose of caffeine every morning. Last night I had a great night and for the first time ever got to hold the babies all at the same time. My friend Carrie was here and got to see the girls and she took some cute pictures of the three of them together. I will post them as soon as I get a chance. The other big thing that happened is Granny and Papa came to visit from Arkansas and I think they had a great time. They both got to hold at least one baby each. Papa held Vivi and Lexie and Granny held Charlie. Granny also got to help the nurse when Lexie had a bath. Speaking of baths Doug and I got to help Vivi have her first real bath on Friday night and she got to put clothes on for the first time. And the other two girls got to put clothes on for the first time. We are so happy that they are making such great progress and we cannot wait to get them all home. Ok this is all I have time to write for now. Doug and I are on the way to visit the girls since Carrie is here to watch the other three. More pictures soon! Sherry

No comments: