Saturday, December 6, 2008

Vivi Lexie
Charlie
The Red Dress!
This is the Mitchell Family red dress. It was first worn in August 1970 by my sister Janice our dad bought the the dress for Janice to wear home from the hospital when she was born. That is how the tradition started. It was next worn by me in April 1973 then by my sister Kelley in October 1978 then by my sister Rose in June 1982 then it had a break until December 1995 when it was worn by my niece Hannah then it has another long break before it was worn by my niece Lucy in 2007. My daughter Jazzy is the only girl that has not had a chance to wear the dress since she was older when she came to our family. Now the triplets have had a chance to wear it, we did have to break tradition and they did not wear it home from the hospital for three reasons. 1. one dress 3 babies 2. they all came home on same day 3. it was way to big the day they came home. But my mom and I did get a chance to dress them up and take their picture wearing it on November 28, 2008 when they were 7 weeks and 1 day old. And it fit them perfectly. So the tradition of the red dress lives on!

2 comments:

hruth said...

so glad they got to wear the red dress!!!! all the pics are so adorable:)

Sarah Beth Miles said...

Oh how I love the red dress story! That is sooo neat! What a great tradition.

I think about you EVERY single day! Every time I give Jaxon a bath I think about you cause I know you have to do it 2 more times than me. I ask RMark about you all the time and I LOVED all the pics he showed me of him holding all the girls! He says you are Super Mom! He says you have it totally under control!! I wish so badly that I lived closer to you so I could help out. I do hope you know that I am always thinking and praying for you. Your family is beautiful!

I hope you guys have a super Christmas!
Sarah Miles